Tuesday, July 2, 2013

More Layout Progress: Planting Trees
















Slowly, the layout is coming along. I finally found some time to plant some trees, something I've been meaning to do for awhile.

Trees really make a difference; they help the layout come alive. I still need to plant a few more, and add some ground cover, but even in this state it makes a big difference.

My trees are mostly handmade, from Sedum, Yarrow, Spirea and other plants I can't identify. (Click here to learn more about how I make them.)

For the record, here's what this area looked like before any scenery:















Here's what it looked like when the scenery was beginning to take shape:















And here's what it looks like now:















There's still a ways to go--still lots of blue foam to be covered and more details to be added. But we're coming along!















To learn more about how (and why) I dismantled a third of my layout, and rebuilt it the way you see in these photos, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment