Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Model Railroad News Back from the Dead








Here's something unexpected--Model Railroad News is back.

In an earlier post, I noted that the publication, whose goal is to “provide quality news and content to help modelers of all scales and backgrounds," had closed.

These days, it's pretty rare for a print publication to return from the dead. But that's what's happening; MRN has been purchased by the White River Productions, which publishes 21 historical society magazines, plus calendars, books, and other railroad-related items.

The delayed Nov/Dec 2011 issue of MRN will soon be on its way to subscribers, followed by future issues.

Good on MRN, and on White River Productions, I say. That said, if I was a subscriber, I might hedge my bets by renewing for only one year at a time--just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment