Saturday, September 24, 2011

100,000 Views















Sometime at midday on Sept. 23, this blog passed 100,000 views.

Like I said when it passed 50,000 views in April, 2011, I am amazed and humbled by the attention it has received. After all, the M & M Sub. is nothing special. At best, I am workman when it comes to model railroading--not a craftsman.

What's been more invigorating, of late, is posting information and photos of other Canadian layouts--what I call Great Canadian Model Railroads. That's been fun.

Most of all, the blog gives me a creative outlet for writing. In real life, I do a lot of writing about hunger and poverty in the developing world in my role directing resources and public engagement for Canadian Foodgrains Bank, a partnership of 15 churches working together to end global hunger. The blog is a welcome diversion from writing about needs overseas.

As the leaves begin to turn, I'm looking forward to finishing up some scenery on the layout, and maybe adding a new section to replace the parts torn down last year.

In the meantime, I hope to keep on writing and posting. Thanks for taking time to read these simple musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment