Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Around the World and Close to Home (or, It's a Small World)

It's a small world . . .














One neat thing about the Internet is that we are able to be in communication with people around the world. But sometimes it also helps us get into contact with people close to home. That's what happened to me recently.

I was at a local hobby shop, and saw someone who looked familiar. He looked at me, and thought the same thing. It turned out he was a neighbour's son--someone I had not seen much of in the past few years.

At first, I was just delighted to find that someone who lived on my street was also interested in model railroading. Then I told him about my blog.

"No way," he said. "That's your blog? I've been following that blog for a while now."

So there he was, in his house, three doors away from my home, learning about a model railroad in my basement--with no idea it was so close.

And not only that, he also models CP Rail in a similar time period--the reason he was drawn to the blog in the first place.

It is a small world, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment